The archive feature in social media applications is one of the mandatory features that must exist. Its function is to save your old posts. Then, what about the archive feature in the chat application.
ARCHIVE FEATURE IN WHATSAPP APP
Not long ago, the WhatsApp application has just released some of the latest features. One of them is the archive feature. The archive feature in the WhatsApp application functions to store chat messages from certain contacts. Interestingly, you also hide archived chats so they don’t appear on the main page of the WhatsApp application. Even though there are new messages that come in the chat.
1. To get the chat archive feature in the WhatsApp chat application, first upgrade your WhatsApp application to the latest version. After that, just open the WhatsApp application on your device.
2. To archive chats, first long tap on one of the chats until a tick symbol (√) appears on the selected chat profile photo. You can also select multiple chats at once. When you’re done selecting, select the Archive icon in the top menu of WhatsApp. The chat will automatically disappear and go into the Archived folder .
3. Select the Archived folder to view the chats that you have archived. To be able to remove the Archive folder on the main page of the WhatsApp application, select the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the Archive page and click the Archiving Settings menu . On the Archiving Settings page, turn off Keep archived chats off . Done, now the Archived folder will disappear from the main page of the WhatsApp application.
4. To re-display the Archived folder on the main page of the WhatsApp application, select the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the main page of the WhatsApp application, and select the Settings menu . And, then select the Chat menu .
5. Scroll down the Chats page, and look for the Chat Archive column . Re-enable the Keep archive chat feature . Done, now the Archive folder has reappeared on the main page of the WhatsApp chat application.
6. Meanwhile, to display the archived chat back to the main WhatsApp page. Select on the Archived folder . Then long-tap on one of the chats until a tick icon appears and select the Unarchive icon . Not just one, you can select multiple chats at once. Done, now the chat has returned to the main WhatsApp page.
However, keep in mind that every archived chat will not display a new message notification even if a new message arrives in that chat. This feature will be very useful to hide chat from contacts that you avoid. Now, your WhatsApp application will be free from chats that you don’t want to appear on the main page of the WhatsApp application.